Remember that silly little game we all played as kids, Truth Or Dare? At the root of it all, it forced us out of our comfort zone! And sometimes, it's in that uncomfortable space where change happens. And so with that, here it is... We DARE you! Now go get your brave on!
We know that we can always be better. We can eat healthier, exercise more, and overall, take better care of ourselves emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually. But sometimes we need an extra little 'push' to get off our butts and make those changes. So here are five easy challenges that will greatly impact your life!
1. Daily Gratitude - Having gratitude in life makes everything better. Even the stormiest of days seem brighter with a grateful heart. Take time each day to name 10 things you are grateful for in your life. It could be something big (like your health or a recent promotion) or something simple (a great pair of earrings you found on sale or a yummy dinner you shared with friends). I find it's best to do them first thing in the morning so the 'goodness' can be felt the rest of the day.
2. Swap Dark Chocolate For Dessert - Sometimes you just crave something sweet and savory after a meal. By swapping a typical dessert of cookies, ice cream or something else loaded with white sugar, reach for a bar of dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher). It's not only loaded with nutrients and one of the best antioxidants on the planet, but studies have shown that it can improve your health and lower your risk of heart disease too. Be sure to choose quality chocolate... organic, dark chocolate with 70% or higher cocoa content.
3. Forgive Someone Who Has Wronged You - Gautama Buddha said "Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." You end up doing more damage to yourself than expected. First, find a way to forgive the person in your heart and if you feel it's needed, meet him/her for coffee, make a phone call or send an email in order to let the person know you have forgiven and moved on.
4. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate - Hydration is the key to great skin, a healthy digestive track, a slimmer waistline and slowing the aging process. Start each day with a full glass of clean, purified water! Your body is a little dehydrated from 8+ hours of sleeping so restore it's moisture first thing in the morning. Throughout the day, be sure to drink up! Aim for 8 glasses of water or more a day.
5. Get 10,000 Steps In A Day - Buy a pedometer or use the app on your iPhone which allows you to track your steps. Set your goal at 10,000 steps a day. Break it up and get the steps in when you can! Park in the back of the parking lot at work. Take the stairs instead of the elevator when you can. Go for a walk during your lunch break. Stroll through the mall window shopping on the weekends. You'll be surprised at how many steps the average trip to the grocery store can be!
These 5 simple challenges can have such a powerful impact on your life! So start these today! WE DARE YOU!!